Area Operations Manager
The Area Operations Manager provides overall direction and guidance to the operational activities of the regional organization with the objective of managing and controlling costs maximizing growth and profitability in a sustainable manner. Position will provide day-to-day Situational Leadership for the success of team members using the Carmeuse guiding principles & values.
· Directly manages day to day operations for 3 aggregate yards, 1 dredging barge coordination, loading/unloading 3 Ready Mix Plants, trucking & maintenance activities.
· Assists in Management of asphalt/paving operations.
· Directly manages safety & environmental for the business & assists in management of all office functional groups.
· Helps maintain relationships with customers, vendors & other business that support the market area.
· Assists in competitive analysis & business expansion projects.
· Manages regional operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established values, goals, objectives, and policies.
· Drive a team culture that enhances the experience and empowers the support functions in order to achieve the region wide goals success, with a strong focus on safety.
· Able to execute and contribute to a long range vision for the region by implementing agreed programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit with emphasis on long term principals, sustainability, and a creative work environment.
· Develop and create initiatives aligned with organizational goals.
· Provides direction and structure for operating units through celebrating successes, rewarding positive behavior, motivation, and accountability.
· Drive systematic approach in all facets of operations with a focus on continuous improvement in order to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
· Provide mentoring, growth opportunities and guidance to subordinates and other employees with an emphasis on Succession Planning and personal career growth throughout all levels of the organizationRequirements
· Related Bachelor Degree, MBA or Masters Degree is preferred.
· Minimum 5 experience progressive experience in mining, ready mix, dredging industry
· Minimum of 10 years managerial experience with increasing responsibility
· Must demonstrate the ability to effectively lead a $50MM + business unit
· Proven in leading operational excellence through application of behavior based management
· Prior experience demonstrating effective management skills, knowledge of Mining/Ready Mix/ Dredging sector.
· Fluency in spoken and written English.
· Ability to travel 40+%.